Burst pipe? Don’t call the water company

Water companies around the UK have been inundated with calls regarding burst pipes.

In many cases these are internal pipes within the property that are the responsibility of the householders and not the water company. Water companies such as Severn Trent are therefore urging their customers to call a plumber rather than their customer service departments. Quite often they can be hanging on for up to an hour to speak to an advisor who may not be able to help them.

This story from Worcester is a an example of how frustrating this can be.


So, if you have a burst pipe on your property, before you call your water supplier call Drain Doctor on 0800 70 71 72.


Leave a comment

Filed under Service

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s