Following the news that the use of hose pipes is to be banned in parts of the UK, news comes to us from our friends at Mr Rooter that it’s ‘Fix a Leak Week’ in the US. It’s sponsored by the Environmental Protection Agency and calls attention to the importance of conserving water.
The EPA WaterSense website advises Americans to repair leaks in three areas: the sink, the toilet and the shower.
This is also true here in the UK. See Drain Doctor’s water-saving tips for easy ways to help beat the drought.
- Is a hosepipe ban the most effective way to tackle a drought? | Leo Hickman (guardian.co.uk)
- Hosepipe ban to be imposed in drought-hit parts of UK – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)
- Water Firms Set To Impose Hosepipe Bans – Sky News (news.sky.com)
- Mr. Rooter Facebook Game Calls Attention to “Fix a Leak” Week (prweb.com)
- Water firms introduce hose pipe ban (independent.co.uk)