With the World Cup just a few weeks away and football fever about to engulf the whole country, it is time to get friends and family together and settle down in front of the television to watch Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and the rest of the boys in Brazil as they aim to win the biggest prize in football.
However, any celebrations may be cut short if there is a drainage disaster – and you’ll feel more like a hapless amateur defender than a World Cup winning superstar if plumbing problems mean your partying is ruled offside.
“All of the Drain Doctor Plumbing franchisees across England are right behind Roy Hodgson’s men and it is set to be a thrilling World Cup. However, the joy of England’s progression will be severely hindered by blocked toilets or problems with drainage. Nobody wants a blocked toilet causing problems during what could be England’s finest hour,” said Robin Banks, Drain Doctor Plumbing’s national franchise operations manager.
“With parties and barbecues themed around England’s matches, people will be eating and drinking more – this obviously leads to more trips to the toilet. This puts extra strain on toilets and can increase the risk of problems.”
According to Drain Doctor Plumbing, simple cleaning and maintenance should be done to prevent major and expensive repairs. It has produced a simple check list for football fans to ensure problems are identified before kick off and that major repair work can be given the red card:
- Always know where your main stop valve is located and ensure it is labelled. It is on the incoming mains water supply and is often under the kitchen sink.
- Stop valves tend to corrode slightly with time, so check that it’s working by exercising the valve twice from fully open to fully closed and back again (and always back the valve off ‘half a turn’ from fully open once you’re done).
- Inspect toilet cisterns both inside and out for operation and wear. If there are any signs of corrosion or leaking, contact Drain Doctor.
- Stock all bathrooms with standard toilet paper – this is less likely to cause a blockage than more expensive types. Don’t flush paper towels or napkins.
- Remove small items that may be above the toilet. These could be accidentally knocked into the bowl and may cause a blockage.
- Have Drain Doctor plumbing inspect pipes for leaks, damage and corrosion. By using a CCTV camera in the pipes, plumbers can inspect and pinpoint exactly where drains are cracked, damaged or misaligned.
- Get Drain Doctor to give a diagnosis of the work needed and provide an estimate of the work that needs to be done upfront.
- Drain Doctor will allow you to pay for a job when it is complete and you are fully satisfied with the work.
- If England gets knocked out, resist the temptation to flush your football shirt down the loo!
Launched in the United Kingdom in 1993, Drain Doctor Plumbing quickly grew to become the country’s premier combined emergency plumbing and drain repair service. It now provides a 24 hour a day, 365 days a year service across the country with each franchise run as an independent business.
Drain Doctor Plumbing – 0800 3357 999